Faith Community Leader Breakfast
Time & Location
About the Event
Whether you have an established health ministry or are interested in learning more, we hope you'll join us! This event is free and open to pastors, clergy, rabbis, leaders, and anyone interested in improving the health of their faith community.
Please RSVP by phone at (360) 788-6408, or email at email@example.com by Saturday, January 18.
- Hear from Faith Community Leaders (FCLs) who have health ministries in their faith communities.
- Learn about resources to support growing a health ministry in your congregation, including your own copy of "Health Ministry Advice for Everyone" by Deborah Patterson for the first 30 people to RSVP
- Network with other faith community leaders (FCLs).
- Enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast.
What is Health Ministry?
Health ministry is a partnership between faith community nurses (FCNs) and faith community leaders (FCLs). FCNs support the work of pastors, clergy, rabbis, and other FCLs through a variety of activities including,
- active listening and prayer,
- visiting the sick and home-bound,
- providing referrals to health and human services organizations,
- ministering to families facing depression, dementia, other illness, and end-of-life care choices
- planning health-related activities with emphases on holistic health and intentional care of the spirit, and
- using evidence-based techniques such as blood pressure screening and other preventive approaches.